Wednesday 28 November 2012

Skyfall for pensioners

    We went to see Skyfall yesterday, the latest James Bond film. It is very good. I appreciated the introduction of some real story and emotion, whereas my husband loved the car chases. We both appreciated the scenes filmed in Glencoe here in Scotland  - a real bit of MAMBA country - presumably chosen for that reason.
     But it made me feel old. I have known so many James Bonds, from the gorgeous Sean Connery (still my favourite by miles) to the present Daniel Craig, who is beginning to look a bit too old. I even have a photo of myself on the beach in my teens with Roger Moore - who was not a good Bond.
    No the Bond for me will always be Sean Connery, the milkman from here in Edinburgh.
   Very sadly though, I now despise the man. He lives abroad with all the money he has made and yet he continues to interfere in our Scottish politics. I don't think he should be allowed to comment on the politics of a country in which he no longer lives or pays tax, a country he has run away from to avoid paying taxes which could have gone towards making a better Scotland. - Oh, but he was so dishy in his day!


No comments:

Post a Comment