Tuesday 29 January 2013

Make your own website

I am in the process of writing what is my 9th or possibly 10th website. It is such a fun thing to do, I wish that I could convince others how easy it is. It is not expensive either
Nowadays you don't need to know complicated computer stuff - anyone can do it.
There are 2 parts.
1. Get your domain name
         ie      www.something.co.uk
I get this now from 123reg as they are cheap and easy and have been around a long time.
I choose and buy the domain from them and then leave (park) it with them to look after for me.
So long as I remember to pay my yearly fee - no problem
http://www.123-reg.co.uk/domain-names/

2.  Make the website
I now use the brilliant Weebly They are just so easy that a child could do it. It is completely intuitive and the whole thing can be done in the time it takes you to type out whatever you want to put in. You can upload your own pictures and chose from loads of different styles
http://www.weebly.com

There is one tricky part
You have to get your domain name at 123reg to point to the website you have made at weebly.
But there is loads of help and it has worked like a dream each time I have done it

If this last part seems too tricky then just do parts one and two with Weebly

No comments:

Post a Comment