Friday 15 February 2013

Hair removal

I am on a glorious little holiday away from the Scottish grey skies and cold. Ah I am so lucky

 For months now every inch of me has been covered up in many thermal layers. We talk about days as 1,2,3 or 4 fleece days depending on how cold it is and I am talking about inside the house!
No-one but me knows what horrors exist underneath all the clothes.
Now large areas of me are to be exposed to sun and air and sea  - and the human eye.
This means hunting out the razor and attacking the elderly remnants of bodily hair still in existence. Most of my lustrous bodily hair seems to have migrated to my face, where it tries to mimick my husbands beard and moustache.
But I find the razor and in the shower, I set about denuding underarms and legs. This becomes an increasingly difficult job as you get older. Sore stiff joints make bending and twisting hard, and poor eyesight makes it impossible to see. With specs on there is just mist and with specs off there is just a blur. The end result is like something attacked by moths.
Pensioner legs are not pretty things with their swollen arthritic joints and puffy ankles' not to mention varicose veins.
Pensioner feet are even worse with hairs sprouting like a werewolf and nails that blunt the chiropodist's clippers. Feet are almost impossible to reach and cannot be seen. My spectacles for far sight can't focus on them and neither can my reading specs.
I have magnificentally got around the elderly dangly pubic hair problem by getting a swimsuit with a skirt - a swimming dress. This completely takes away any concerns about escaping hair and removes, the quite dreadful possibility, of a trip to a beautician for hair removal, from an area where, in my book, no beautician should ever be allowed.
Perhaps after a certain age the body is best not exposed?
However pensioners still get overheated if overdressed and still enjoy the feeling of sun and air on naked flesh.
More than younger people they need exposure to build up vitamin levels, depleted through months of lack of sun. The elderly have reduced ability to build up their vitamin d levels and need increased time in the sun with more surface area exposed

No comments:

Post a Comment