Saturday 22 December 2012

Just done the Xmas big shop

        I graced Tesco with my custom this year and went with dread, expecting huge crowds. However it was most civilised, with extra staff  (wearing headsets), to soothe any frazzled shoppers.
       I was a very frazzled shopper when, at the checkout, I discovered that the two free range chickens which were to be our family's Xmas meal, expired on the 24th of  December - before Xmas.
       A helper (with a headset) appeared like magic, whipped the offending birds away and led me to two tiny free range chickens, which did not expire till the 29th. Sadly  their size was against them.
       I was therefore forced to abandon my principles and go non free-range. However - on their packet, it says that my chickens enjoyed life in a barn with some natural light. That sounds a bit Christmasy to me - stables and mangers and all that


No comments:

Post a Comment