Saturday 16 March 2013

Germany paying Southern Europe's bills

I have just read an article by someone knowledgeable saying something that little me has been thinking for ages.
Why are the German people not getting fed up with Europe?
Don't they see that they are the ones having to pay for everything?
I wrote a blog recently titled
Would you pay your neighbour's mortgage?
I was referring to England not wanting to bail out Scotland if Scotland insists on becoming independent.
Poor old Germany is bailing out all of southern Europe and will be for ever and ever.
The countries they are bailing out seem to hate them for it.
Don't they mind?



2 comments:

  1. I lived through WW2 as a child and learnt a lot about WW1 from my father who was in the trenches, and in occupied Germany after 1918. His view was that the Germans, as a people, wanted to dominate Europe, if not the world, which was different from previous attempts by, say, Napoleon, where only he wanted to do this, not the French nation.
    If I accept my father's view, the Germans, as a people still want to dominate Europe, but after two wars have realised that they can't do it by military means, so they are now attempting to do it by financial means. That is why they are prepared to pay at the moment, but in due course will want something in exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that is a something I had not thought of. I do hope you are wrong.
    I had wondered a similar thing about the Chinese though

    ReplyDelete