Friday 7 February 2014

Overpaid boss of Charity

The boss of Save the Children earns £234,000 a year

This is quite disgusting
Apparently another 20 employees earn over £100,000

Save the Children is one of the charities that we donate to
We usually give about £20

According to my calculator it would need 11,700 people like us to donate £20 each just to pay the bosses salary
It would need another 100,000 people like us to pay the salary for the other 20 high earning employees

And that is before a penny goes to a child that needs help.

Well  - they are not getting anymore from me until I hear that those Fat Cat salaries are more in line with normal
 - say with teachers
Teachers also work with children and my goodness they have a difficult and responsible job. 

A Head teacher gets from £42,000 to £106,000
A leading practitioner (teacher gets from £37,000- 57,000)
Average teacher pay is from £21,000 to £31,000

The average annual UK wage is from approx £20,000 to £50,000 depending on number of years worked.

How do these Fat Cats sleep at night taking donations from UK citizens whose salary is only fraction of their own .
I seem to remember a saying - Charity Starts at Home.
So
I would like to see these Fat Cats donate back all that they have earned except for a small and reasonable amount

I wonder if all other charities are the same?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment